My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Me and the Pedestal Sink...

Okay - I told this story to someone else and they said I have to post it.

See, a couple months ago I saw a pedestal sink that was perfect for my bathrooms. I wanted one with a backsplash and surface area for a soap dispenser and maybe a candle. I found one in a small family lumber company in town. Problem was the company that made it sold to another company and there was no matching toilet or bathtub. No problem I'd just get one at another place, right? Wrong.

Each company that makes bathroom fixtures makes them different colors of white so you have to buy THEIR products if you want it all to match!

What to do?

I learned from one of the clerks in the plumbing department that there are some off brands that will match...but you better have something to compare it to before you buy or you'll be running all over returning toilets.

So, I went into the little family lumber company in our little local town...told them my dilemma. I batted my eyes (I have lizard eyes so I can't bat my lashes...lizard eyes - pale blonde, barely there lashes, I look like a lizard without makeup, but I digress...) smiled big (I can bare 28 teeth in a smile) and asked sweetly if I could take their display pedestal and go around to various stores to see if I could match up a toilet and bathtub.

Being the trustful small-towners they were, they immediately dismantled the sink, handed over the pedestal and let me have my wicked way!

I then trotted through a couple stores and like the Statue Of Liberty, I held my pedestal aloft where the display toilets were and rather than lighting a torch, I simply...compared colors. (Both companies display their toilets and tubs high on the walls about 6 feet up).

I found matching bathtubs at Home Depot and matching toilets at Lowes.

I then trotted back to the little family lumber yard and gave back their pedestal, thanking them kindly for the service.

I also bought two pedestal sinks from them.

The interesting thing is whenever I go in there now, if Becky is with me, they talk to HER about what I want...just in case the crazy lady goes off on a pedestal hunt again.

What can I say? Shopping's always an adventure around here.

Here's a picture of the pedestal...and the sink under the wires. I'll post photos later when its installed so you can see why I liked it so much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home