My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

If you can't run with the big dogs...STAY ON THE PORCH!

Okay - maybe that's not quite right LOL.

This is my new cedar porch. Everyone disagrees with me on choosing cedar. Too soft, will get scuffed, distressed marks, etc. Yeah, I know. I told them I want my porch to acquire the patina of an old style saloon floor.

Gerrie suggested I place spittoons around...LOL. Maybe I will. Filled with petunias, of course.

Its not quite finished yet. There will be six cedar posts across the front. We'll probably install some kind of railing later. Richard will be watersealing it to protect against moisture and sun damage. The can of waterseal claims that it will also slow the gray of aged cedar, too. That's good because I want to retain the lovely honey golden red of the cedar as long as I can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home