My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Yet another Snake & Progress...

No pictures today...

While Richard sanded, laid adhesive and then put the concrete board down in the guest bathroom, I emptied half the garage to get to my washer and dryer. As I cleaned them up in preparation to bringing them inside I opened the washer lid to find a lovely lint and paper mouse nest. Fortunately the inhabitants were long gone.

We brought the washer and dryer into the finished laundry room and hooked them up. It was great to just throw in load after load of laundry at my own house! I've been doing laundry at Mom's and the laundromat for 2 years now.

In addition to that I decided to bring the leather couch, the chair and the ottoman in. Mom and Pa showed up and I put Mom to work cleaning the couch with leather cleaner and then wiping it down with the leather conditioner.

And since I was in the back of the garage and my mattress and box springs were right there we brought them in, too.

I washed sheets, made the bed, put the Pendleton blanket on the couch and remade the futon couch with clean sheets for the dogs. The futon couch is their bed. I shoved it up to the window so they could look out and see the world pass by.

And then I had to put all the stuff back in the garage. Richard came out and helped with that so it went pretty fast.

He also installed the door in the master bathroom (we had installed the only functioning toilet about 3 months ago)

We'll be sleeping in the house tonight for the first time.

After laying floor tile tomorrow in the guest bathroom, then grouting it on Tuesday, we should be able to install the shower/tub faucets and use it by Wednesday. I hope. We'll leave the toilet and the sink for the plumber to finish.

A good, productive day but I am tired!

Oh, and walking to Mom's we met up with the neighbor kids and found a different dead baby snake of some sort in the middle of the road.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home