My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday May 7, 2006

Mom and I finally decided to brave the rain and cloudy weather. We've been waiting to empty the 4Runner and the trailer of all the loose stuff that came out of the storage units. We managed to get it all into the shed. Then we went through my stuff in Pa's garage and sorted it out. Most went into the shed. Some of it came into the house and I set aside some of the dry goods food to take to Margaret. When we finished up, we barbequed steak and chicken for dinner. Pa, happy to have the space in his garage back, is out there manufacturing a new pressure tank for his air compressor. A very good day despite the cloudy weather!

After I finished up I walked the dogs to the creek so I could get pictures while the water is running. Richard wants to see what our creek looks like when it is full. Usually its damp and only has about 2 inches of water.














This is the path the deer take right next to the creek. Echo and Flint have flushed a turkey, a rabbit and a deer nearby.














This is the where the water from the creek runs under the road and onto my property.













While standing at the creek you can just peek through the leaves and see my new shed up on Echo Ridge.













When I walk Echo and Flint by myself, I take them on two long leads connected to one leash. This way they can meander from side to side of the road and explore and I am not pulled in two different directions. We're on our way home and I was trying to get a photo of them trotting side by side as they always do. However, each time I stopped to get the camera focused they'd reach the end of the lead before I could finish and they'd halt. This was the best of the shots I took.














Pa found this nest of pheobes - little birds that live around this area. He was canoeing up one of the coves and saw the nest just sitting out on the rocks. The phot is slightly blurred as the babies were moving a lot! They wanted Mama and food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home