My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Tuesday - April 18, 2006

Mom and I really worked today rather than just being the step-and-fetch folk.













I am helping Mom paint the picket fence Pa built.













Another photo, this one close-up. Mom says I look like Grandma Babe (her mother) in this picture.


















Mom paints her part of the fence.













Pa is working on hanging the shed's garage door.













Mom is spraying the brush to quell insects and I am using the tiger saw to cut small limbs off the trees Pa cut down. All will become firewood for our fireplace/woodburning stove.













Echo keeps watch over mine and Mom's woodpile.













Flint's strenuous workout of nosing in the leaves for five minutes takes its toll. He settles in the shade for a nap.













Later in the evening, Mom and I went to Yvonne's home and then on up to Tish's house for a night of quilting and dessert! We quilted some, talked a lot and sampled several goodies. It was fun! This is me, Mom and Yvonne left to right.

3 Comments:

Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

Merry, this blog - the photos, your journal - all combine to make a marvelous scrapbook of this new venture. I'll bet Richard just loves all of this and is probably homesick for you and the dogs and his new home.

You look so happy quilting. Makes me not feel good to see how things are working out.

Gotta get me a picket fence for honeysuckle now - lol. Want hummingbirds. And if not a picket fence then something!

Keep posting. Love it.

9:58 PM  
Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

let me rephrase that one - ROFL - it makes me feel GOOD to see how things are working out!!! - lol

10:08 PM  
Blogger Bobbie (Sunny) Cole said...

(i was gonna say makes me not feel so bad that we can't talk as often just to know that you're happy, and my fingers got tangled with my tongue and my pea-sized brain)

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home