My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Lifting my end...

We have started moving our belongings into the house. This event was preceded by Richard putting baseboard on the walls.

Yesterday we moved the pie safe and the rolltop desk in.

Today we decided to move the china hutch in. I needed a place to store the dishes that I continue to unpack.

After clearing the way in the garage we discovered the piano and the entertainment center were in front of the china hutch. It would require someone stronger than me to help Richard get it out of the hole. So I called Pa.

Pa came up and between the guys, they decided to move the piano AND the entertainment center into the house before they brought in the hutch. We especially DREAD moving the piano. Its front legs are curvy Queen Anne useless things and if stressed might snap right off. The entertainment center is a big oak cabinet that weighs a ton. Pa brought the dolly down and they used rachets to make straps to grab. They rolled each unit over, then gently dropped it on its back onto the porch, then uprighted each one and rolled it into the house. Then they carried the two pieces of the hutch in one at a time.

From having no furniture and thinking it'd be days before I could empty boxes, I now have the full complement of the heavy stuff in the house!

I've found the Lladros, the Waterford, the Galway, the table lamps and shades. I also found the pole lamps, but not their shades. I've found all the pan lids, but only one pan. The piano bench is still missing. I found kitchen dishcloths, but not kitchen towels. I have glasses, but no plates.

I have box on the porch labeled "kitchen" but when I opened it, my planter stands from the back patio were in there along with some terra-cotta pots.

I'm hoping the one labeled "bathroom" has the good towels in it.

Tomorrow will be interesting.

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice Freeman said...

Merry,

Send me your email address (beega@cox.net). At this point I don't want to put what I might say to you in the blog. I do have some suggestions, you will have to do a little google work but I'll give you some starting spots.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home