My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

The kitchen area...

The kitchen area is not complete but we're getting closer. Richard and Pa spent some time figuring out how to put the rangehood/microwave/convection oven in place - it is supported from the TOP, not the bottom, something I didn't know when I bought it. Anyway, they devised a shelf above that will be mostly hidden by the cupboard that will also hide the vent pipe. The stove was easy, just plug it in. For those with small children, the stove came with an anti-tilt bracket that attaches it to the back wall. We'll probably install that once the kitchen tiling is done.



This is the "before" shot the day after installation. I set up a little cooking corner. and of course, the first thing I actually cooked was a new batch of homemade dog food. A few days later, I had to move all the stuff because we put in the floor.



This is the after shot of the flooring installed. Again, all the stuff surrounding the stove is temporary. The one cupboard seen is actually the under-the-sink one. However, it is about 2 feet right of the sink for the moment. To the left of the stove is a box which contains the sink. LOL

The kitchen will eventually have some tiling as a backsplash and the cupboards will be properly aligned. There will be a "lunch counter/island" coming out from the wall in the center of the room, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home