My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Lights! Camera! Cooking!

The floor is finally finished. The electrician came by for a while and hooked up the last AC/heating vent and one of the kitchen lights. The other needed lightbulbs so its not hooked up yet.

I've been cooking on a daily basis since Sunday. Mom and Pa are now coming up to visit and have dinner with us instead of us going down there and having dinner with them. Mom is enjoying the break.



The cabinets are not actually installed. They're simply being placeholders until we nail down the exact kitchen design. I drew it all out on the sub-floor, but we put the wood flooring over that. Nevertheless, Richard has all the measurements for when we are ready to get busy pulling the kitchen together completely. This didn't stop me from setting up my counters with spices, utensils, dry goods and dishes.

Right now, Richard's still nailing in the baseboards and window trim.

We are also moving a few sticks of furniture or a few boxes in from the garage. The table in the photo is actually my work table, not my dining table. The roll top desk is now inside, as is the pie safe.

Our next big move will be bringing in our dressers.

And after that, the dreaded piano and entertainment center. Dreaded not because of what they are but how HEAVY they both are. The piano is especially difficult to move because it has Queen Anne legs in front that cannot take any strange-angled pressure or be used to hold on. I hope whoever helps us move it has eaten their Wheaties!

1 Comments:

Blogger Janice Freeman said...

Looks like you are redoing or building a house. We bought a home a couple of years ago and had the inside torn out and redone. No we didn't do the work ourselves. But I love the hardwood floors. Even in the winter they are warm and easy on the legs. Yeah, a fortune, but we downsized so we could afford them.Ours are #1 grade red oak, finished with water based polyurethane, they will not turn gold or darken.

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home