My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Tuesday - May 30, 2006

On days when we can't do much on my property we work on Mom and Pa's property. They are planning to build a house next year. Mom and I mostly take pictures and play with the dogs while Pa does tractor work.

He is removing clay soil from the hilly area on his property and is filling the hole where he pulled out the 8 stumps. The "hole" is actually positioned perfectly with the private side road and is towards the back of their property away from the noise and dust of the main road. This is where they will build their house. The soil must be stable and compacted by next year, so Pa is doing the dirtwork now.













Tiger stalks a butterfly in the field behind where the house will go.













Pa has made a drag road to haul the clay dirt to the building site.














Pa gives Mom a ride to look at the newly flowering primroses by the clay hill.














This photo shows why I keep Echo penned and/or on a long leash at all times for the moment. Although she is gentle, sweet and has one of the most laid-back personalities I've ever seen on a dog, she LOOKS like a black wolf when she is alerting on something. If a stranger saw this animal walking or running towards him/her...I have no doubt they'd be frightened by her looks alone. Rather than taking the risk of scaring someone or having harm done to my dog, we keep her safe. I plan to have my entire 3.8 acres fenced so that Echo can run freely once more.















Flint, on the other hand, looks less threatening to everyone. And in a twist of irony that is not lost on our family, Flint will protect me and Jenny with his life. Even in play, no one can appear obviously threatening towards us. If we make any sort of surprised sound like girly-shrieking over bugs and whatnot, Flint is right there. He WILL growl and prepare to defend us. Although he has nipped at people he thinks may be threatening one of us, he's never touched skin or actually bitten anyone. Our family grants him this one concession because I'm alone a lot and prefer a protective dog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home