My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sunday, May 28, 2006

We are going to a barbeque at Bill and Becky's this afternoon.

Mom is cooking up all kinds of picnic foods. Pa is tinkering out in the shop with drills and saws. He's playing some lovely guitar and banjo music that's wafting across the breeze to me...I'm sewing.















This is my temporary sewing room. Note the breezy ironing board and iron location. See my cutting board to the side of my machine? There's only one problem with sewing outside near bird feeders. One of the hummingbirds has already left a deposit on the fabric. Dang birds!

That's my machine - plugged into a deck eletrical outlet!

If you look up and squint at the birdhouse on the pole you'll see Mama Sparrow checking out the new porch equipment before she goes back into her nest. She's already raised 3 babies. We're thinking she's already sitting on another nest. Papa Sparrow flits back and forth and the 3 older babies are fluttering around the bird feeder and fence. Papa keeps a close watch on them, but they are not allowed back into the nest.

As for the sewing, I'm making red curtains for Mom's kitchen. She decorates every month for coming holidays. The red is for Memorial Day, summer beaches and Fourth Of July.

I'll post more later if I get any good pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home