My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Saturday, May 27, 2006

We spent the day at an auction. A lumberyard had gone out of business. My only goal was to try to find some tile for my bathroom for a decent price. Pa's goal was to get some wood to build concrete forms and whatever else might catch his eye for building. Mom figured she'd score some little stuff.

Pa got 12 10 X 12 boards for $48! These will be used as concrete forms when we pour the pump house walls. Pa also got a tape measure for $6 (retail $14), his are wearing out. Mom got a root grabber for $27. They retail for about $40. I got painter's canvas for $15...retails for $43! I will probably cut it up to use in sewing...unless Pa finds a use for it. My biggest score was the BEST! 40 boxes of tile - $2 a box! It retails for $716.00 and I got it for $80.00!!! YES!

But then we had to load it...each box weighed 45 pounds. 40 boxes. Yep, we not only loaded 1800 pounds of tile...we unloaded it!













The truck's rear tires were riding low due to the weight.













Doesn't look like 1800+ pounds of loot, does it?














Echo, the great black hunter started barking like she'd found prey. We all rushed out to see what she had. Yes, my dog had spotted a vicious, dog-eating, man-eating, monster of a box turtle making its way across the yard. Echo had actually dug under the fence to be able to lay paws on the turtle and I think she was preying...













This is what the turtle looks like when it pokes its head out in safety.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home