My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Friday, May 26, 2006

Today we started work on the well/pump house. Pa's first task was the push the lovely sand from the well-drilling into a heap that we will use as a foundation of the pump house. He scooped it up and piled it somewhat level.













First, Pa sets the laser level and four poles on each corner. Then he shot the beam and we marked where on the poles the beam hit. Then he pushed sand and Mom raked it even.













Once we thought the sand was even, Pa and I swept with a long rod to find the high and low spots. We had to do a little more leveling as we pushed sand off the high places and put it in the low places.













Mom and I are now compacting the sand. Although we did the area, I'm not sure how much we really compacted as neither of us had much strength!













Pa and I are discussing the house. I am a very visual person - I have to "see" things to make sense of them at times. Pa thought we should lay out the house so I could visualize the kind of space I'll need. We took measurements then used some saplings, rocks and the sledgehammer to lay out where things will go. The bathroom layout was changed 3 times due to the configuration/measurements not looking right.













Echo and Flint watched everything from their view while in the grassy garden area. We were on the other side of the garage at the well for a time so they stretched the full length of their tie-out to watch us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home