My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

The Master Bathroom...

About 20 years ago Richard bought a tile mural featuring a lovely sailing ship. We saved it all these years to go into a house that we built. The tiling team installed it today in the master bathroom.

Like the guest bathroom, I wanted to put individual tiles on the walls of some other photos or pictures. Being a Trekker, I decided I'd find pictures of all the Enterprises, from the sloop Benedict Arnold managed to steal from the British (America's first Enterprise) to the America's Cup winner, to the aircraft carrier and any in between. I intended to culminate the pictures with one of the Star Trek Enterprise. Richard vetoed the entire idea. Sigh. In a way it was good because I was unable to find most of the photos and pictures I needed anyway. I have a great shot of the Star Trek Enterprise hanging in the Smithsonian because we toured the exhibit when it first arrived there. Beyond that, except for the aircraft carrier, the other pictures were not available.



Looks pretty good, doesn't it?

The professional tilers work a whole lot faster than we did! They expect to finish tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home