My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Sunday - June 4, 2006

Today it was overcast and cloudy so Pa decided it was a good time to burn the brush pile. He took the tractor up there, separated the brush out of the logs we plan to chop for firewood and got the fire started. Mom and I came up later to help move the smaller brush and twigs.













Upon arriving up at the Ridge, I checked my grass. Look! See the faint green in the barren-looking soil? My grass is growing!













A photo of the front of the shed.














Pa uses the tractor to haul more brush to the pile.













Although I am pulling this log to the fire, we ended up not burning it as it is the perfect size for firewood.













Mom carries a large sapling to the fire.













Pa started tractoring the cedars over towards the end. Cedars burn fast and bright, so you have to keep an eye on them.













Flint and Echo preferred staying in the car to avoid sweeping a tail or other body parts close to the fire! Naptime was interrupted by me taking their photo. Note Echo's sleepy glare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home