My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Richard and Pa are working on the concrete piers for the porch. After a bit more prep, the first pier was poured.



Still prepping the holes for the concrete.



The first pour.



The final product. Now we wait for it to cure and then remove the forms.

We bought 15 bags of quick set concrete and had a couple in the garage...and discovered we'd underestimated by about half! Pouring was stopped for an hour while I, as the step-and-fetch person, drove into town for another 18 bags of 'crete. When I arrived at the hardware store, I was informed by the clerk that my Mom had called and wanted me to go to the grocery store to pick up a few items for her! I love living in a small town. LOL

Our building materials supplier called, too. The delivery date for all materials is Friday! YES! However, there appears to be a glitch, the I-joists were supposed to be here yesterday. I am now awaiting a call-back for that. Call-back informed me that I-joists will arrive on Thursday! Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home