My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

August 25, 2006

Wow - life has been so busy I've not had time to post! So many things have changed, happened and livened up my otherwise mundane existence (HA!).

We are currently waiting for a couple dumptruck loads of fill dirt so we can level and start some rudimentary landscaping up at Echo Ridge. Construction is on hold for the moment while we take care of other business. This other business includes plane trips, car trips and shopping.

So - August 8 I flew to Pennsylvania with my Mom to pick up my mother-in-law and bring her out here to live in a local nursing facility. The good news is that we arrived the day BEFORE Homeland Security tightened airline regulations. That was a good thing as I had all kinds of medications for Mom, plus our various liquids and sprays.

The move was a mutual decision and everyone is much happier, despite the adjustment period. Mom Alma is loving us being closer, but her real delight is the fact that I can bring the dogs in to visit any time she wants. She is MUCH happier knowing she has access to animals again. The nursing crew is great and very understanding. Paperwork took some time, as usual, but now all is well.

A shopping trip last week to Kansas City (the New York Of The Midwest) yielded a really spiffy outfit for Bun-Chu and Jason's wedding. Even shoes.

Richard and I are thrilled to be approaching our 6 month mark into our retirement game plan. Just another 8 months to go...sigh.

Below are some pictures taken this week by Pa.













Yes, there are four fawns and one doe in the photo. We're pretty sure that one set of twins is orphaned. Not sure what happened to their mother, but they appear regularly in our meadow alone. The other doe has a set of twins, too. So far, the babies are doing well, we're hoping they will grow and mature enough to take care of herself.













Sunset over the lake...taken this evening.














Another sunset photo from this evening. Me and Mom in front of fire in the sky...I'm hiding behind Mom because I looked like a hag in my shapeless oversized T-shirt and drawstring pants. LOL

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home