My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Sunday - April 16, 2006

Today we decided to take a day off and do whatever we wanted. I read part of my book, napped and played on the computer with a CAD program I can't figure out.

Pa decided to build Mom's picket fence and then till up the soil to plant her passion flowers and honeysuckle. They will grow up over the fence.













Pa is tilling up the ground while Mom works the soil.













I get to try my hand at the tiller. Notice that I'm still in my jammies. Being a leisurely day, I didn't take my shower until afternoon.













The picket fence. Pa made the pickets from a cedar tree he cut down last year. Mom will paint it white and eventually, as the passion flowers and honeysuckle grow they will engulf the fence and use it for support. The location is to be the edge of their backyard after the house is built. The current ditch you see will be re-routed in the forefront of the fence, rather than behind it. The ditch is a natural drain-off from the front of their property up by the road. Pa has slowly done dirt-work to re-route it so that it will water their future backyard naturally.














Echo expresses her disapproval about her current situation of being on the leash. See the laid back ears and the sulky look on her face? I let her off the leash for a short time to run around and roll in the grass. She obeyed all her commands and even followed me back to the house when I drove the tractor back to get buckets of water. I tried to get her and Flint to ride in the cart but they didn't want anything to do with that!













Flint takes a break and rolls in the grass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home