My Photo
Name:

Hi there! I'm Merry, married to Husband for 43 years, 2 grown daughters, 5-1/2 cats (one's feral), 1 dog, living on a little acreage in the Midwest. I am a Christian and like writing Inspirational Christian romance (I have several books out) travel, reading, history, archaeology, sewing, quilting, and writing.

Monday, June 18, 2007

The I-joists were delivered on Thursday of last week. These beams are custom made to fit the crawlspace foundation. It was important that they arrive first as right after applying the treated lumber spacers to the concrete walls the I-joists go on.

The truck was 42 feet in length and after jockeying for several minutes the driver decided he couldn't place the I-joists exactly where we'd planned unless he drove over trees. I instantly turned into a tree-hugger and told Richard to have him place the I-joists further out from the foundation. The contractor would just have to cart them closer.



The first attempt to back into the trees at the rear of the truck.



This was very interesting - the truck had a lift and roller system to put the I-joists on the ground. He just rolled them right off the truck and he was done!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home